1.2 PAML is licensed by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) of Mauritius as an Investment Adviser (Unrestricted), a qualifying licence for the provision of investment services including on a discretionary basis, and as a Distributor of Financial Products. PAML was incorporated since October 2014 bearing license number C114013523.
2. Personal data we may collect about you
2.1 Personal data is any data from which you can be identified and which relates to you.
2.2 The type of data we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect data that we need for that purpose.
2.3 The types of personal data that are collected and processed may include:
|Categories of Personal Data||Details|
|Contact details||First name, surname, physical address, email address, office phone number, mobile number, fax number, contact details of the individual to be contacted in the event of an emergency|
|Individual details||Sex (male/female), nationality, date of birth, age, language, marital status, dependent status, photograph|
|Employment details||Personal employee benefits and emoluments, annual leave details, sick leave details, any other time off details
Performance and disciplinary records, job start date, job title, any training or education programs employees undertake through the company including assessments, training completion rates and training scores
Employee identification number, Company policies, forms and undertakings signed by the employee. Letter of offer and acceptance of employment, contract of employment, letter of resignation or letter of termination, if applicable
|Financial information||Payroll details including monetary raises and bonuses, pension details, tax details, bank details|
3. How we acquire your information
We may acquire information from the following sources:
- when you participate in our due diligence exercises;
- when you attend one of our meetings;
- when you provide us with your business card;
- when you write to or otherwise communicate with us;
- when you provide us with information orally;
- through Fraud prevention agencies;
- web search – we may search for your contact details over the web;
- when using our platforms – where our services are advertised.
4. Why we collect your information
Our main purposes for collecting personal information about individuals are:
- To provide services;
- Responding to requests;
- Notifying clients of our product offerings and developments;
- Compliance purposes (we share information with third parties such as world-check);
- Any purpose that would relate to our business.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide our services to you;
- Processing your application;
- Where we have an obligation to do so, such as identification verification with fraud prevention agencies to enable us to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations and for the purposes of crime and fraud prevention and to protect our business interests;
- To help protect your information and prevent unauthorized access to it;
- Carry out regulatory checks and meet any legal or regulatory obligations;
- To notify you of any changes to our services;
- Sending you marketing emails to keep you informed about products and services you hold with us;
- Sending you our monthly newsletter.
6. Disclosure of Personal information
PAML does not disclose personal information to other organizations unless:
- Required by law;
- Use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- We believe it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you requested or are contracted to;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a customer of PAML.
- You give your consent.
- Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third parties or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
7. How We Keep Your Personal Data
PAML is committed to only keeping your personal information for as long as this is considered necessary, for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by any laws that apply. This will include keeping your information for a reasonable period of time after your investment or relationship with us has ended. In the absence of specific legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, all other personal information is kept for seven (7) years after your investment has ended. In some cases, however, we may be required by law to keep your information for longer.
8. Privacy on our website
This policy also applies to any personal information we collect via our website www.providentiamanagers.com. In addition to personal information, you provide to us directly, PAML may also collect personal information from you via its website.
9. Confidentiality & Security
PAML will endeavour to maintain confidential information in accordance with our internal policies governing the use and disclosure of confidential information and will only use it for the stated purpose. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and take appropriate steps to ensure your personal data is stored in a secure environment to prevent any unauthorised access. We will not share this information with any third party outside PAML unless so required by law.
10. What are Your Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information such as, the right to:
- Access personal information about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- Request rectification or completion of personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Restrict the use of personal information such as processing your details for marketing purposes;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Request that the personal information is erased under certain circumstances;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Be informed about any use of your personal information to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of the processing;
- Prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual; and;
- Make a complaint to the DPO (the Data Protection Office) about the way in which your personal data is being used.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via our contact details below.
11. Changes To the Way We Use Your Personal Data
Should there be any change in the way that we use your personal data, we will contact you to explain the reason for these amendments and advise you as to why we are using your data and our legal reasons for the same.
12. Contact Us
Level 4, Ebène House, Hotel Avenue 33 Cybercity, Ebène 72201, Mauritius